Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cowberry Festivalia Pregame Show


Cowberry Festival Itinerary

Well, the chips are down and Jiminy Philip Murder has secured himself a twenty pass (though I will have to go without my standard half-ounce of cannabis this year). So at very least, his proficiency with the short con notwithstanding, he will be seeing twenty films. Below is the schedule as currently outlined at the outset. I have put a star next to the films that are clearly unmissable. I have already secured actual tickets for about half of them though, as usual, this was probably not necessary.

Two notes: for some fucking reason they are charging $25.00 dollars to get into Cannes sensation Gomorrah on Tuesday (they better have some good Italian wine on hand or something) so I will be trying to finagle a comp ticket from someone (apparently more than half the seats are reserved for sponsors), and I am only going to see the locally-produced Hope for the Broken Contender because I promised the star / co-writer Charlie that I would (in case those of you with a good critical eye are wondering what the fuck that’s all about).

FRI 19
Aleksandra / Alexandra*
Tie saam gok / Triangle

SAT 20
Hope for the Broken Contender
Mýrin / Jar City
Man on Wire
En la ciudad de Sylvia / In the City of Sylvia*

SUN 21
Once Upon a Time in the West (restoration)*
O’Horten
Wonderful Town

MON 22
L’Heure d'été / Summer Hours*
Broke Sky

TUES 23
The Lark

WED 24
Aanrijding in Moscou / Moscow, Belgium

THURS 25
XXY
Wuyong / Useless*

FRI 26
Pora umierac / Time to Die
12

SAT 27
(day off)

SUN 28
Tôkyô zankoku keisatsu / Tokyo Gore Police
Corridor #8 / Korridor No. 8
My Name is Albert Ayler*

No comments: