As I'm currently working on yet another EP which won't be done until tomorrow at the earliest, I thought it would be fun to group together the four EPs from my record collection that I most fervidly esteem for a cool photograph you can look at, then also share my favourite Bikini Kill song, which obviously would have to be one of my favourite ever songs by any person or group because in the early days them riot grrrls was un-fuckin'-touchable. The EP on the bottom right is the Fuck Buttons "Brainfreeze" single plus a one-off original B-side called "Royal Flush." In 2009 and 2010 I drove all over Southern California in my BMW listening to the Fuck Buttons album Tarot Sport, Robyn's Body Talk, and the self-titled Fever Ray debut (when I wasn't playing avant-garde improvised shizzz). I had the enormous pleasure of attending a very loud Fuck Buttons performance at the Troubadour in Los Angeles, an experience I won't be forgetting anytime soon, I can promise you that. (Partially it was special because I was freshly clean and sober and realized that I'd enjoyed it way more than I would have had I been under the influence.) Oh, the Radio Video EP is of course by Royal Trux, the greatest rock band of all time, just in case you're new to them and cannot read Jennifer's hair. Thank you for your ongoing patronage and support!
[Please also note that no-wave legends DNA will only appeal to you if you're like me and you prioritize violent destruction over fellowship and love.]


No comments:
Post a Comment